@KarenAvery is a public relations professional who excels at helping organizations maximize relationships with their stakeholders through a mix of research-based communication strategies and tactics.
- More than a decade of combined experience in nonprofit communications management.
- Nine years of experience in broadcast journalism.
Hallmark PR Campaigns
- Designed and executed a program that raised awareness, increased volunteers and generated $10,000 for Mother’s Cupboard Community Kitchen of Brown County.
- Designed and implemented a job shadowing program for Indiana state legislators and county government officials to bridge communication gaps. The program influenced the passage of positive legislation for AIC members.
Video Production / Storytelling
News Event Planning / Earned Media Coverage
- Architect of the new Association of Indiana Counties website in 2012. www.indianacounties.org.
- Editor and publisher of the Indiana News 92 magazine.
- Content creator for a news magazine, social media, websites, and I also create original content for the AIC’s video and audio portals.